Wednesday, April 6, 2011

One Hit Wonder Wednesday, Vol. 4

Today's one hit wonders are those 3 little ladies' interpretations of a few values we have tried giving them....


Gratitude
"My grandpa is the BEST because he bought me a DSi and he knows about God," proudly proclaimed by Elsa (age 5).  Nintendo and God can thank me for the free publicity
in any way they see fit.

Generosity
 These 3 little ladies can EAT and are quite miffed when their favorite snacks go missing.  Ava was wondering where the last of the Cheetos went.
When I told her that Daddy had eaten them, she
raised her fist and growled, "Oh no he didn't."

Persistance
Ava (age 9) was struggling with getting the tangram set back into a square and yelled, "These things are stupid and impossible to get back!"  Willa (age 3) ever so calmly and patiently replied, "Nothing's impossible, Ava.  You just have to keep trying."
For you Yo Gabba Gabba fans, that little bit of advice will sound very familiar.

Compassion
The girls were playing house one afternoon and Elsa (age 5) was the mom.  She was in the middle of a phone call with her imaginary husband when she stated with disgust,
"My phone just died."  I must have looked at her funny, as she quickly offered up another statement on the condition of her phone, "Or should I say it passed away."

No comments:

Post a Comment